Thursday, March 5, 2009

Awesome sermon that every young preach should listen to By John McCarthur:
"5 Reasons to Preach the Word of God"

http://www.gty.org/AudioPlayer/Sermons/80-180


"A reporter said to me one time, "For whom do you prepare your sermons?" Newspapers are written for the eighth-grade level. "For whom do you prepare sermons?"
And I said, "To be truthful with you, I prepare them for God, He's the judge that I have to stand before, He's the one that really matters. I just want to get it right before Him. I don't want to take the Word of the living God and somehow corrupt it, or somehow replace it with foolish musings of my own manufacture."
Stop being so many teachers, James said, theirs is a greater condemnation. Hebrews 13:17 says we have to give an account some day before the Lord. And I want my life to be gold, silver, precious stones, I want to receive that reward that evidences my love for Him, and that reward which I can cast at His feet in honor and praise. And some day we will all stand before that judgment seat for that time of reward.
It's a very serious thing for me, this matter of preaching. Sometimes people say to me, "You spend so much time in preparation, why?" Not because I think you need it, I think God's Word deserves it. I could get by with you because you're such loving folks. And, frankly, with most people a few good stories will do it. But with God it's a different matter. Sometimes if you'll just be kind enough to indulge me when I get down so deep you're drowning, I really do have Him in mind and the honor of His truth. "

More.....

No comments:

Post a Comment